Heartfully with Crista Beck Episode 7
Have you ever held back from expressing what you truly needed in a relationship for fear of being high maintenance? If you have, you’re not alone. The signs are there—bending over backwards to accommodate others, keeping quiet about your desires, or feeling depleted because your essential needs went unspoken, and therefore, unmet.
Neglecting our own needs can have detrimental effects on both our personal well-being and the health of our relationships. It’s a silent form of self-sacrifice that benefits no one in the long run.
In this episode I reevaluate the term “high maintenance” and encourage each of you to reflect on your personal needs within your relationships and to begin the beautiful, sometimes challenging, but ultimately rewarding process of expressing them.
- Fear of being high maintenance in relationships. 0:10
- Needs and boundaries in a relationship. 1:16
- Personal needs for alone time, quiet, and freedom while traveling. 5:00
- Self-care and honoring needs in relationships. 7:52
- Self-care and identifying personal needs. 12:08
- Falling Slowing from Once
- Dating IQ Quiz
- Break The Glass Slipper: Free Yourself of Fairytale Fantasies and Find True Love In Real Life – Book by Crista Beck
- Song credit: Song credit: When We Surrender by Listening to Smile. Use code cristabeck for 20% discount on the entire album.
As the host of Heartfully Crista loves creating a place where people can open their hearts to love. She is also the author of the Amazon best selling book, Break The Glass Slipper: Free Yourself of Fairy Tale Fantasies and Find True Love in Real Life.
Known as “The Love Radar,” Crista has been featured on ABC, NBC, FOX, and TEDx. Her love and dating advice has been heard by over a million people globally. With over 20,000 hours of meditation as well as an award winning violinist, Crista brings pure love to her 15+ years in the love and relationship industry.
Thanks for listening! Check out the next episode where we discuss another topic.