Break The Glass Slipper with Crista Beck Podcast Episode 62
When you’re in a relationship that’s not working, it can be difficult to admit. You might feel like you don’t want to hurt your partner or make things more complicated than they already are. But if you’ve found yourself unhappy for too long, and you’ve already started thinking about leaving, there are many factors that can get in the way of actually pulling the plug. These factors have people stay in unhappy relationships, when it’s really time to go. In this episode, Crista will talk about the psychology behind why people stay in bad relationships (and how to fix it).
- 4 signs you’re probably suffering from this common relationship threat
- What is escalation of commitment bias and how it impacts us
- 4 examples of escalation of commitment
- 3 (scientific) reasons we stay in unhappy relationships
- Study on Escalation of Commitment
- Is there a sunk cost effect in committed relationships?
- Knowing when to pull the plug – Interesting article on escalation of commitment in Harvard Business Review
- Submit your question to Crista and get her advice
- Dating IQ Quiz
- Break The Glass Slipper: Free Yourself of Fairytale Fantasies and Find True Love In Real Life – Book by Crista Beck
As the host of Break The Glass Slipper with Crista Beck Podcast, Crista loves creating a place where single women can come to create loving relationships that last. She is also the author of the Amazon best selling book, Break The Glass Slipper: Free Yourself of Fairy Tale Fantasies and Find True Love in Real Life.
Known as “The Love Radar,” Crista has been featured on ABC, NBC, FOX, and TEDx. Her love and dating advice has been heard by over a million people globally. With over 20,000 hours of meditation as well as an award winning violinist, Crista brings pure love to her 10+ years as a love & dating coach and matchmaker.
Thanks for listening! Check out the next episode where we discuss leaving your comfort zone.